Oct 8, 2014
In exactly one week from today we have our 18-20 week ultrasound where we get to find out the sex of baby A. We are both so excited! I know some people like the surprise of not knowing and perhaps we will choose to go this way in the future, but this time round, I am so looking forward to finding out whether this little one will be made of sugar and spice or snips and snails and puppy dog tails. I also feel like knowing will help us bond more with baby as we dream of our son or daughter and what our new family of three will look like early next year. Also, I'm such a planner and I have so many things I want to buy and make that are pretty gender specific, so I am anxious to be able to get started. Oh and to get into the swing of nursery decorating too - Oh the fun!
But in the meantime, I thought it would be fun to share a few items I have been eying and will be purchasing if baby is a little girl or little boy ...
1. Shanna Murray 'I love you beyond measure' print for the nursery. I have wanted this decal FOREVER and now I have the perfect excuse!
2. Gold Rush baby Moccasins from Hubble and Duke
3. Pineapple headwrap from Airlie Co
4. A gold print for the nursery. Pictured: 'Hello Love' gold foil print on Etsy by AllThingsPrettyBlog
5. Toshi organic muslin wrap in floral print. I especially love the Aviva, Posie and Wild Rose prints.
For Baby Boy ...
1. Dribble bibs from Cotton On. Cute AND practical!
2. Salted Caramel Moccasins from Hubble and Duke
3. Sophie the Giraffe vintage teether. I know absolutely everyone has this teether but I just can't get over how sweet and vintage it looks! And actually I would buy this whether we have a boy or girl.
4. Customized children's geometric name print on Etsy by PaperlessPost for the nursery
5. Solly baby wrap in Natural and grey stripe. M and I have decided on the Solly Baby Wrap as our carrier of choice while baby is little (I'm thinking of an ergo for when baby is bigger and in toddler stage). We both love the grey and white stripe pattern and are waiting for it to come back into stock. I also love that it is gender neutral so both M and I will feel comfortable wearing it. M loves a bit of baby wearing so I just can't wait to see him wear our little one around :) This is another item we will be purchasing no matter what sex baby ends up being.
Oh I just love baby stuff!