May 25, 2009

for the sweet tooth

"...Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favourite things..."

Inspired by the many amazing lolly buffets out their in blogland I have decided to have one as part of the dessert menu at my 21st and I'm so excited to put it together :) It's been fun collecting different style and size vases - although I am still looking for one in this shape (I'm pretty sure I have seen some in Freedom or Adairs)...
image by paperpony.

When hanging out with Niki the other evening we also got to dig into her amazingly fun and huge stamping and ink collection (the word huge here is a HUGE understatement!!) to decorate the lolly bags. Each bag has a cute stamp on it (my favourites are the chairs and the dandelions) and a sweet quote:

"Dreams come a SIZE TOO BIG so we can grow into them".
"Every Day holds the probability of a Miracle"
"Sometimes to create unexpected ideas you need to look in unexpected places".
"When Nothing is sure, everything is possible" - margaret drabble.
"It's the little things that make life BIG".
"Those who reach touch the stars".
"Take time to enjoy the simple things in life".
and my favourite..
"Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favourite things.."

I found the bags at spotlight for around $8 for a pack of 25, which I thought was a great price. They are even lined with a waxy paper (as they are for cake).

...If your wanting to try this yourself I also found these (in pink) and these similar bags on Esty by Nicepackage (she has some really cute stuff)...

To close each bag after filling I am going to leave a vase full of my colourful scrapbook-paper pegs, which I think finish them off nicely and I might use them in somewhere in the decor too - any ideas?

I can't wait to see it all come together. And yes, I will be posting pictures :)

6 comments:

  1. This is so, so cute...you are inspiring me for my birthday this Summer! :)

    Misha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea. I love lolly bars. I want to have one when I get married but that means I have to wait a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute! I adore "lolly" bars. It adds an element of fun to any party.
    So glad you are able to have fun in this time of crazies sweetie! :)
    Loves to you!
    Minta

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh could this packaging be any cuter... I think it could not... seriously. I love it, and bottling it away in my memory for one of the kids birthdays Im sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kt Bear, love the new blog header, very swanky indeed! Looking forward to being the proud owner of one of the lolly bags with some yummies inside! The combinations of the stamps we used have given me some ideas for cards - thank you :-)
    Hugs, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling idea! KT, I have so much catching up to do w/ your blog. So many beautiful things flying around...I've been gone too long! I can't wait to see how your *lolly* bar turns out!

    ReplyDelete