Sep 24, 2008

exciting news!

hehe no where not getting married...but...
This weekend I am going to a wedding. But I do not know the Bride, or the Groom. And I am not a guest. I will be photographing their wedding! I'm dead serious. But before you ask who this crazy bride is, that is letting me attend her lovely wedding and take shots I would like to point out that I will only be helping, and observing and learning. The wedding photographer, a good family friend of ours (and very experienced) has offered to take me along, teach me tricks of the trade and different camera techniques so I can stop using my camera on auto settings :) As a thank you to the Bride and Groom any shots I get, that are any good will be added for free to the wedding package. How very exciting, and yet terrifying at the same time. Here's to hoping (and praying) that I can get a few fantastic shots that the couple will love.

Currently reading and researching how to work all features on my camera (This could take awhile!) and browsing through Flickr for inspiration:

IMAGE: from Raya of the paper pony. Oh to have my images look half as good as hers! Seriously, so inspiring!

4 comments:

  1. And here I truly thought I was going to read you were engaged! Ya know, D asked me to marry him when we were 18, and we were married at 19.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best of luck with your big exciting news! From the pictures below it looks like you will have no problems what so ever! I knwo you will just positively stunning work friend! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so excited for you and for the bride and groom. You are going to do a gorgeous, gorgeous job! Cannot wait to see the amazing shots you come up with!!! Yay, what a great opportunity and you are one heck of a talented girl Katie. Love to you, today, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will do so well gorgeous! such an exciting opportunity this is for you!

    ...but i wish it was us getting married!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete