Aug 11, 2008

Tree of Hapiness Award

Wow, it's been ever so long since I last blogged, or popped around and said hi to all you lovely blogging people. I will come around soon, I promise! So what has been going on? a little bit of nothing and alot of somethings and some sickness thrown in there too - errk. So I have not felt up to blogging, neither have I been very inspired or been very creative lately. I even missed Flashback Friday - the first time since I started but I am desperate to push through and list the things in my life at the moment that are making me happy :) This little Tree of Happiness Award was sent to me by Beth from Goat in a Coat... where I am to list 6 things which make me happy so here goes.

1. Fun surprises in the mail from my love, which were 'just because I love you presents' . Like this wallet from Cotton Purr's Etsy shop. I would definelty recommend this shop,the wallet is so well made and all her fabric combinations are lovely. (I originally saw a similar wallet on her Etsy site and mentioned it to Morgan as an present idea for my birthday. But it sold :( then one day i was just browsing and came across another one and showed it to morgan and he surprisingly and unknown by me brought it right there on the spot! it was actually meant to be a surprise but I kinda ruined it woops) But I was surprised by the Weepies cd that came in the post a few days before. naaaw I feel so loved.

2. Looking through old photos on my computer and laughing and smiling over the beautiful memories contained in each one. And actually finally printing some of these images of and looking through them with my family.

3. Having a nice clean car, the first time it's been washed since I brought it..wooops.

4. New Haircuts for M and me, yay!

5. All this sunshine that is pouring from the sky at the moment. It may be cold, but at least it's not raining!

6. Great fellowship with the boys (I was the only girl who showed up) at our young adults group at church last night. We watched this dvd of Loui Giglio called How Great is Our God. And wow, it really puts everything in perspective! He talks about that if the world were a golf ball exacatly how big the sun would be, how big the stars are (such as 'beetlejuice') and ultimetly how insignifigant we are (but in a good way!)... in the way that God is a creator of such immense scale but yet he knows the number of hairs on your head (Matthew 10: 29-30 ), that we are the workmanship of God and are created in his image (Genesis 1:27) and he wants an intimate relationship with you - He promises that through the storms of life that he will hold onto you and he will never let you go. It just blows you away. And then theres LAMININ!..well I just let you watch the video(s) to hear this one!part one, part two and part three.


And out of all the points above this makes me the happiest because I know that no matter where I am in my life right now, no matter what i'm going through I have a God who loves me and will never let me go and who will ultimetly pull me through each and every situation stronger than I was before :)

I choose to pass this on to Leslie, Amy, Jodie, Peta, Rebecca and Wendi whos blogs I love popping around too. Join along if you'd like ladies. List 6 things that are making you happy and pass this on to 6 other bloggers :)

oh and is anyone else having such fun watching the Olympics - I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great? I wasn't even expecting an apron - and I love it! I'll def. do a tree of happiness post - but it's morning (I'm not a morning person) so I'll have to wait a few hours before I can think of something that I'm happy about :)
    Oh - and YES! I am loving the Olympics this year. Although we're probably seeing from two different perspectives being from different countries and all. Even though you're Australian, surely you must agree that Michael Phelps is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this post and list, and that gift for no reason, its so adorable...

    ReplyDelete